Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

This Thursday is Thanksgiving Day.  In this country, the Thanksgiving tradition is to get together with family and friends for a special feast of certain foods.  You probably already know what some of those foods are.  The idea is to give thanks for the good things in our lives.

Go to a dictionary website, like dictionary.com, or wikipedia.com to learn more about Thanksgiving Day traditions and history.

After learning more about Thanksgiving, please write a comment to this post explaining what you are thankful for right now.

By the way,  in observance of Thanksgiving Day, we do not have classes on Wednesday.

Happy Thanksgiving and see you next week!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful this year with my god, biecause my baby born realy healthy. I hope to have good chistmas with my family.

Unknown said...

I think the meaning of this day now is be with your family have a nice dinner and said thanks for the good things in your life.
The firt colonies make this costum with the indigenas giving thanks for the new land, food,and prosperity in the new life.
I feel happy in my life so this thanksgiving I wnat to say! thanks for THE LOVE of my family and my wife wihtout that love i don 't have nothing.

happynick said...

The thanksgivin is a special day for all american people because that tradition was start in the colonial time,when the american indian brougst food to the colony people.I have to give thanks to my GOD because I have a nice house,Ive a nice car,Ive food and meny things to,and I know a lot people in the world dosen't have food or another things, so I'm celebrate this holyday with all my heart and I really give thanks for all my things and for my good health.

Unknown said...

Hi Charlie. I am Raul. I read your post. So far I had to give thanks in these year for first I have Life and my family. the second thing is I allraty pay my movilhome.

charlie said...

Great comments! I am thankful for most of the things that you all mentioned and I am grateful to work with such a wonderful group of students. Happy Thanksgiving!

Bauyrzhan said...

I hope you guys had a great time during the thanxgiving break and...welcome back.It's nice to c u again.
Bauyrzhan

happynick said...

Hi teto ( venja) I like yours commemts about or your idea about thanksgiving day,because I think when you feel love for the family you can feel love for other people,congratulations for you good job.happynick

Bauyrzhan said...

Hey Dante,I wish your baby to stay healthy and wealthy!
c u.